Allgemeine Diskussion Larpinfo-Forum
Das allgemeine Forum. Hier können OOC und IC Dinge besprochen werden. Bitte bleibt bei LARP Themen ;) 
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in D�nemark
geschrieben von: Rraurgrimm
Datum: 2006-05-12 10:29

Bezüglich der Hellebarden zitiere ich mal einen der Mitspieler aus dem Thread:
Zitat von

There were no max length on halberds. I believe the one we used in 9th Stirland were around 2.6m. incl. head. We intended to make them a bit shorter, but a mistake in communications meant they got 10-20 cm shorter than planned. Having the longest halberd is a distinct advantage against other halberdiers, but against shields its not much of an advantage. I doubt they are effective if they are longer than 3m, unless you develop very special fighting tactics.

In regards to restrictions, they were mostly "the usual" from danish LARPing. That is thrusting and charging is legal (though people is obligated to use commen sense when charging). Setting weapons is not allowed, though there are no rule directly forbidding it - it is more of a commen concensus amoung danish LARP'ers.
In addition, we had a "new" rule in regards to the amount of physical contact. Usually, shieldbash, bull rush, etc. is a topic of dispute, as some people think it is okay, while some people disagree. At the event we had a rule called "wood against wood". It basically stated, that it was legal to strike wooden parts against each other, but forbidden to strike wooden parts against flesh/persons. So shieldbash against other people were allowed, if they were armed with shields, and halberds could be used to block shields. I think that worked out OK.

Halberd construction? I'll see if I can explain.
For the staff, a wooden pole was used. Based on experience from this and other halberds, I'd say that they should be at around 1½ inch thick. We drilled a hole in the end for application of the head (explained later on).
The heads were made like tradtional weapons, with a core of glass fibre at Ø 9mm. The final 20 cm (or so I think) the glass fiber was replaced with a heavy rubber hose, used for pressure pumps etc. This made it stable, yet able to bend. The hook was reinforced with thin leather, so it wouldn't break (it is used to grapple shields and pull them away, so you can hit people in the chest).
The glass fibre core was a bit longer than the head, and was glued in the hole at the end of the staff. The upper 30 cm of the staff was applied some foam, which in turn (for looks) was wrapped in either green og yellow fabric. This is to avoid striking people with the staff.
This halberd is usually termed "stagevåben" (in english roughly translated to "polearm"), and is mainly used for stabbing and thrusting. For cutting/chopping (as you would with a real halberd), the padding down the staff should be more than 30 cm - rather 100 cms or the entire length of the staff.
That was the ultra-short guide to polearm making.

Sie sind selbst ein wenig betrübt über die Geländewahl (Hochspannungsleitungen, Stadt im Hintergrund) doch resultiert die Wahl wohl letztlich daraus, dass es nicht weit vom Clubhaus des Vereins entfernt liegt und zudem ein Bahnhof nicht weit ist. Larpgelände in Dänemark mit entsprechend logistischer Anbindung und zudem mit der Festland/Sjaelland-Problematik vor den Augen zu finden scheint nicht ganz einfach. Auf eine PM von mir in welchem ich ihm zwei spejderkorps-Gelände in Süddänemark empfohlen habe mit denen wir gute Erfahrungen gemacht hatten - hat er bislang nicht geantwortet.
Was die Pfeile angeht: da hatte ich aber auch andere Erfahrungen mit dänischen LARP-Pfeilen: auf dem Middelalderfestifal in Horsens lernten wir vor ein paar Jahren ein paar dänische LARPer kurz kennen, die mit dem "Shoot the Beggar" (mit Larppfeilen auf lästernde Bettler schiessen zu netter Show und Gaudi)-Spiel sich ein wenig was dazuverdienten für den Fundus. Und die dort genutzten Pfeile waren wahre Wunderwaffen: konischer Kopf mit weicher "Spitze" aber einem ausreichend grossen Durchmesser, guter Spitzendurchschlagssicherung in der Spitze, Holzschaft (Manko weil zerbrechlich aber sehr hübsch) und richtiger Befiederung. Die Biester flogen auf 25-30m noch direkt und hatten dabei vergleichbar mit den IDV-Pfeilen Wucht - weil sie aber relativ teuer waren (sie wollten von uns umgerechnet etwa 12-15 Euro pro Pfeil) haben wir sie nie sehr lange und intensiv getestet.

Die Geschichte lernt nie aus sich selbst heraus - doch vermag sie Jene zu lehren, die auch dazu bereit sind, ihr zu lauschen.

Thema geschrieben von Datum/Zeit
Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Dänemark Rraurgrimm 2006-04-21 07:51
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Deutschland Varric 2006-04-21 08:01
Also erkennen ... Egberth 2006-04-21 21:02
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Dänemark Tarech 2006-04-21 13:42
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Dänemark Olo 2006-04-21 15:49
gehn wieder (kt) Tarech 2006-04-21 16:26
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Dänemark Cataldo 2006-04-22 11:59
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in D�nemark Rraurgrimm 2006-04-23 11:57
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in Dänemark Razorback 2006-04-22 18:43
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in D�nemark Rraurgrimm 2006-04-23 11:55
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in D�nemark Palnatoke1066 2006-05-12 10:02
Re: Warhammer Fantasy-LARP in D�nemark Rraurgrimm 2006-05-12 10:29

In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.